SWSM understands the importance of protecting the personal information you provide to us or we receive on your behalf from third parties. This policy sets out what personal information we hold, the appropriate safeguards we put in place to protect your information and the rights available to you in relation to this information.
Where identified, SWSM manages the Site on behalf of your supply Water Company. Your Water Company is the data controller and SWSM is the data processor (data controller and data processor having the meaning set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation) in respect of any personal data you may provide to SWSM through the Site or in connection with it.
Where there is no Water Company identified, then SWSM is both the data controller and data processor. We have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office of our processing activities and registered as a data controller (Registration number: Z2258879 )
By 'Personal Data' we refer to information collected or held by SWSM, that identifies and relates to you as an individual.
Extent of cover
Data Protection Officer
SWSM appoints a data protection officer who coordinates Data Protection management across the entire company and can be contacted by writing to:
The Data Protection Officer
Save Water Save Money
Or emailing: email@example.com
We collect the following information from visitors to the Site:
Information you provide SWSM with, i.e. information you enter on the Site, when you place an order or book a home visit;
When you communicate with us for customer service or other purposes (e.g. by emails, phone calls, tweets, etc.), we retain such information and our responses to you in the records of your account;
Information collected automatically, i.e. what kind of browser you are using, which device you are accessing the Site, your IP address, purchase history, aqKWa Savings EngineTM data, cookies, session information.
From time to time, we offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users' interests, needs and behaviour. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the questionnaire or survey.
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via the Site for the purposes of:
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Sending you the products you have ordered;
- Identifying customers who have completed the aqKWa Savings EngineTM;
- Identifying subscribers;
- Carrying out customer and marketing research;
- Improving the Site;
- Providing you with information about products and services offered by or on behalf of SWSM or your Water Company if you request it;
- If you have requested a free home visit, we shall forward your contact details and address to third party engineers who shall carry out the visit and also to your Water Company for their own reporting purposes;
- Where you have agreed to, create a link between your information and your Water Company records. Applies to participating Water Companies only;
- Including into SWSM’s own database anonymised data on your water usage;
- We will disclose your personal information to your Water Company for the purposes of them reporting to their regulator, OFWAT (the Water Services Regulation Authority), and where you agree to be contacted directly by your Water Company;
- We compare our customer list with lists from your Water Company in order to limit the number of messages sent to our customers.
You agree that we may use your personal information for the above purposes. We do not sell personal information collected or use your personal information for any other purposes than those stated above.
Sharing your personal information
We may use carefully selected sub-processors to help us collect, store or manage your information.
Where you’ve have agreed to receive marketing information, we may use a third party to provide you with these updates and promotions.
If you have requested an item to be despatched to you from our depots, we will share your details with courier companies solely for the purposes of guaranteeing your requested delivery
We may share information with your Water Company in order to provide you with the correct service relevant to your specific area of the country and water usage needs.
If you have requested a service that requires the use of a professional to administer the service, we will provide them with the details they need to attend your residence and carry out the work.
We may also provide information to a statutory body when under a legal obligation to disclose your personal data to them.
We do not transfer any of your information outside of the EU (please see 'Security')
Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to perform the purpose for which it was collected. As standard we erase all Personal Data after 6 years from the point of our last transaction unless required by statute to retain for a longer period.
Personal data and your rights
You have rights in relation to any information we hold about you. If you wish to access your personal information you may make a formal subject access request by contacting SWSM.
The information you request must relate to you or another person that you have authority to act on their behalf. SWSM will require a confirmation of your ID prior to providing any information about the data we hold.
If you are unable to provide sufficient information to prove your ID, SWSM reserves the right to refuse your request for access to personal information.
The rights you have in relation to the personal data we hold regarding you are:
- The right to rectify any inaccuracies in the information we hold;
- The right to erasure of information in specific circumstances;
- The right to request transfer of your information to another controller; and
- The right to object to processing in specified circumstances.
Please send your request to SWSM (please email firstname.lastname@example.org). We will respond to your request within one month.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive any of our e-bulletins, newsletters or other information for which you have subscribed via the Site, some of which is intended to ensure you keep the information we hold about you on the Site maintained and up to date, then please unsubscribe at https://www.savewatersavemoney.co.uk/customer/newsletter/unsubscribe
If you have any questions or complaint regarding how SWSM has handled your personal information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
If you feel your request has not been dealt with in an appropriate manner, you can register your complaint with the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office) via their contact page: https://ico.org.uk/.
Last updated: 7th March 2018